Financial Advisor in Redding, CA with 22 Year(s) of Experience
Starting out in financial services in 1999 I began my career working for my father in his insurance agency. After he retired I moved on to a large wealth management company where I quickly learned that the financial goals were more in line with the company than with the clients.
In 2010, I struck out on my own and founded McNally Wealth Management with the simple mission to provide transparent independent financial advice free from conflicts of interest such as hidden expenses and high commissions.
A year later I started hosting the Saturday morning radio show “Retirement Lifestyles with Patrick McNally on News Talk 105.7 KQMS.
Our mission and our planning style became synonymous with the name Retirement Lifestyles, so we decided to change our firm name to match.
Over 10 years later we are the number one financial radio show in the North State.
When I’m not working on financial plans or hosting the radio show, you can find me traveling with my wife and two teenagers, doing CrossFit, hiking with my golden retriever Gunner, or spending as much time as possible on the golf course!
Dedicated to Your Retirement Lifestyle.
or Visit www.TalkToPatrick.com
Personal Introductory Video
Retirement Lifestyles Advisory Group
Founded in 2010 by Patrick McNally as a registered investment advisory firm, “RLAG” focuses on retirement income planning while upholding its fiduciary duty to all clients. The name we primarily conduct business as is Retirement Lifestyles Advisory Group.
Thereafter, discussion and analysis will be conducted to determine your financial needs, goals, holdings, etc. Depending on the scope of the engagement, you may be asked to provide current copies of the following documents early in the process:
• Wills, codicils and trusts
• Divorce decree
• Insurance policies
• Mortgage information
• Financial data that may include tax returns, W-2s or 1099s and/or paystubs
• Information on retirement plans and benefits provided by your employer
• Statements reflecting current investments in retirement and non-retirement accounts
• Employment or other business agreements you may have in place
• Credit card balances and interest rates
• Student loan documents
• Auto, home loans, HELOCs, and other liabilities
• Completed risk profile questionnaires or other forms provided by our firm
It is important that the information and/or financial statements you provide are accurate. Our firm may, but is not obligated to, verify the information you have provided, which will then be used in the investment advisory process. It is also necessary that you provide us with an adequate level of information and supporting documentation throughout the term of the engagement including, but not limited to: source of funds, income levels, and an account holder or their legal agent’s authority to act on behalf of the account, among other information. This helps us determine the appropriateness of our planning and/or investment strategies for your portfolio. It is also very important that you keep us informed of significant changes that may call for an update to your investment plans. Events such as changes in employment or marital status, an unplanned windfall, etc., can have an impact on your circumstances and needs. We need to be aware of such events, so that we may make adjustments as necessary in order to keep you on track toward your goals.
Before we accept new clients, they must participate in a discovery meeting(s) to determine their compatibility with us. We will discuss individual goals, dreams, needs and realistic financial ability needed to complete their plan based on their current financial profile. Recommendations are made based on the client’s individual situation, risk tolerance, and time horizon. Clients may always request restrictions on investing in certain securities or types of securities. We also reserve the right to not accept a client based on our assessment of the above criteria.
Firm SEC Form ADV
Total Assets Under Management
Previous Work Experience
Duration: 2000 - 2009
Duration: 1997 - 2000
Series 65, Life and Disability, Annuities
Advisor SEC/CRD #
Research this Advisor:
- What is your time horizon until retirement? When is the big day?
- Will you "fully" retire? Or have you considered a "partial" retirement and work part-time?
- Have you reviewed your most recent Social Security statement(s)?
- Do you have a pension? Which survivor options should you choose?
- Is your portfolio correctly balanced to provide predictable, consistent and safe retirement income?
- How does your current portfolio compare?
- Are you using the correct investments for income?
- What are the costs inside of your funds?
- Do you want to leave an inheritance for someone?
- Are your beneficiaires up to date on your retirement accounts?
- Where does your income come from? How many streams do you have? Are they fixed or variable?
- What "Rates of Return" do you need to give you the income you want?
- How will you outpace inflation each and every year?
- Are you investing mainly for growth or income?
- How much income do you need vs how much do you want?
- Do you need life insurance in retirement?
- Are you paying too much for your Medicare insurance?
- Does your health coverage give you nationwide protection?
- How do you avoid going bankrupt in retirement due to healthcare costs?
- Do you have an emergency fund?
- Do you have a will? Have you created a trust? When was it last reviewed or amended?
- Do you have a designated "Power of Attorney" for health and financial decisions?
- Do you have quality of life directives?
- Are your beneficiaries updated?
- Do you meet with your tax preparer for a year end review?
- Does your tax professional help reduce taxes each year?
Are you a Fiduciary?
Do you receive any commissions or fees based upon financial products that you provide to your clients?Yes
Methods of Compensation
Fee-Based, Flat Fee, Hourly Fee
Preferred Client Type
Golf, Hunting, Skiing/Snowboarding, Travelling, Yoga, Pickleball, Weight Lifting
Volunteer ExperienceBoard Member: Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Northstate chapter. Board Member: Bethel Christian School
Publications Featured In
Patrick Daniel McNally is a Registered Investment Advisor in the State of CA, DBA Retirement Lifestyles Advisory Group. CRD #154642 Ca Insurance License 0C76421
Past performance never guarantees future results. Inherent in any individual security, investment product or investment management program is the potential for profits as well as the risk of loss. No one can consistently predict, time, or control market conditions or investment performance. Consult your financial advisor, tax advisor, attorney, and other professional advisors before making any financial decision or taking any investment action. The information and web-site links we provide are strictly a courtesy. All interest rates or portfolio examples are for illustration purposes only. Individual results may vary. Advisory Services offered through Retirement Lifestyles Advisory Group, a CA State registered investment advisor. Securities and Brokerage services provided by TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC, a subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation. TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. and The Toronto-Dominion Bank. © 2022 Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. All rights reserved.
Dream it. Plan it. Live it.
“Proper planning will give you peace of mind and the freedom to enjoy your dream retirement.”
You'll Find Out if Your Retirement is on
Track With These 6 Key Areas of Planning
Planning For Retirement: